We at the Dermatology Center, PSC are constantly keeping up to date on the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact on our patients.
Currently we are scheduling patients as usual. If you have an appointment and are experiencing any cold or flu like symptoms, respiratory illness, or have a fever, we ask that you please reschedule your appointment. If you arrive to your appointment exhibiting these symptoms you will be asked to reschedule and will not be able to be seen.
In the medical discipline of Dermatology we have been utilizing internet medical diagnosis and treatment for several decades. Dr. Banet was an early pioneer in Telemedicine.
Currently, we are offering ALL of our patients the opportunity to be seen via our internet based telemedicine. Read the detailed directions below for instructions.
Basically, the patient can send us information regarding their chief concern. For example: location, duration, symptoms, severity ie, "I have a black mole on my right arm. It has been there for 3 months. It itches and bleeds and keeps me awake. Then, take several photographs, or at least one of the entire area, and 2 to 3 close ups from different angles.
Remember, we are available for the classic face-to-face visit, but in light of the coronavirus (COVID-19) we can accommodate most visits via the internet. We can examine, diagnose, and treat 80% of Dermatology conditions without you leaving your home.
Follow these instructions to start your internet-office visit:
- Describe location of area, rash or spot you would like to have examined.
- When did you first notice the area of concern?
- List any symptoms such as: Itching, bleeding, changes in color or size, etc.
- List any treatments that you have tried. Be sure to include home therapies, over-the-counter medicines and prescriptions.
- Has any other doctor examined or treat the area of concern?
- Take photographs of the area
- 1-2 quality cell phone images of the overall area
- 2-3 close ups of the spot or area of concern
- Please provide a phone number to best contact you
*Please allow 2-3 business days for a response, however most cases are resolved within 24 hours.*
Please send your answers to the above questions and upload your photo(s) to [email protected] If you prefer an interactive virtual visit please call our office at 812-944-7500 and we will be happy to assist you in setting it up.